We have created this competition for your enjoyment but with so many stories of misuse of personal data we understand you want to be 100% confident that we will treat you and your personal information with the respect deserved. Below is a summary of the terms and conditions for Deskfest.
This competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over except for employees of Alpro, their families, agencies or any other company directly connected with the administration of this promotion.
These competition rules apply to the online competition Deskfest (hereinafter referred to as: the 'Competition') that is organized by Alpro UK Ltd, 2460 Regents Park, The Crescent, Birmingham, B37 7YE (hereinafter referred to as: 'Alpro'), without any obligation to buy a product.
Article 1: General
1. Participation in the Competition is exclusively reserved to all UK residents who are at least 18 years of age.
Alpro employees, their families and agencies are excluded from participation.
Furthermore all persons that participate in an organized manner, or in a factual or legally organized way, or in any other way cooperate with the aim to increase their chances to win are excluded from the Competition. Finally all persons who use tricks or deceit, such as the use of specialized computer programs, or in any other way participate fraudulently with the aim to increase their chances to win are excluded too.
To the extent legally possible, Alpro can perform either itself or in cooperation with a third party, all checks it regards necessary to verify the capacity of the participants and compliance with these conditions. Non-compliance will result in the exclusion of the participant from the Competition.
2. By submitting your entry to the competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
3. Only one (1) prize per email address or Twitter handle shall be accorded per day.
4. Participation to the Competition is free. Normal costs for participation to the Competition are to be borne entirely by the participant. Participants can under no circumstances ask for a refund of such costs.
5. Participation to the Competition implies the acceptance of all provisions of these competition rules, including any decision Alpro shall need to take. Non-compliance with these competition rules and each attempt to break these rules shall lead to the immediate exclusion of the participant.
In the event of any irregularities such as errors that occur in design at Alpro, Alpro shall decide autonomously on the way these irregularities shall be corrected and dealt with.
6. The Competition will be announced online, via our roadshow stand and in relevant literature.
Article 2: Data
1. The participant has to upload a photo of their breakfast at their work desk to alpro.com/deskfest or via Twitter using the hashtag '#deskfest'. Winners will be notified via Twitter or email, depending on how they have entered the competition. We will acquire the winner's full name, address and telephone number in order to fulfill the prize. If they have entered via Twitter, we will send them a tweet asking them to fill in their details via an online prize claim form. Runners up will have 7 days to provide this information. If the information is not provided within this time scale, Alpro will award the prize to another participant
2. The participant guarantees that all data he/she supplied are correct, up-to-date and complete.
3. All personal data that comes into Alpro's possession following the Competition shall be treated as confidential and shall be processed in accordance with applicable privacy legislation. The participant agrees to the processing of his/her personal data for purposes essential for the execution of the Competition, being the identification of the winners and the distribution of the prizes.
4. Each Participant hereby grants to Alpro, and to its licensees, affiliates, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and any person or entity acting on its behalf, the irrevocable right and license to use, publish, exploit, modify, edit, transmit and distribute any images submitted as entries to the competition, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity for any purposes without compensation, permission or notification to Participant or any third party.
Article 3: How and where can you participate?
1. This Competition runs from Monday 14th January 2014 at 08.00am till Thursday 28th March 2013 at 23.00pm. Participation either prior to the start date or after the end date shall not be taken into account.
2. The participant can only participate validly by Tweeting their photo to '#deskfest' and/or uploading their picture to alpro.com/deskfest.
When a user submits content to the competition it will be placed in a queue to be checked by a moderator before it is visible to all,
We will not allow entries that contain:
Article 4: What constitutes a valid entry?
1. All competition entries must comply to the following rules to be considered as valid:
Article 5: Determination of the winners
1. Judging for the winner of the main prize of a Weekend Trip to New York will be made on the 2nd April 2013. The prize consists of return economy flights from London to New York, return private airport transfers in New York, 3 nights accommodation at the 4* Empire Hotel, a breakfast at the Loeb Boathouse, a Classic American Breakfast at the Good Stuff Diner and a Breakfast Buffet in Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Hotel plus £500 spending money. The winner will be determined by an independent judge. Their decision will be final and irrevocable and cannot be contested in any way.
2. The runner up prizes of 1000 Alpro branded 'Keep Cups' are randomly selected per day.
The winners of the Keep Cups shall be informed of their prize win via e-mail if they uploaded their picture to the website or via a tweet if submitted via Twitter. Alpro cannot be held responsible for not awarding the prize(s) in case the postal address or e-mail address submitted is incorrect or incomplete or in case a change in postal address or e-mail address had not been notified.
3. The prizes shall be sent in the post to the winners. The winner of the Weekend Trip to New York will be judged on 2nd April 2013.
4. In the event a prize is not received by the winner three (3) months after the end of the Competition and no error has been made by Alpro, the winner loses his/her rights to the prize which remains Alpro's property. In such case the winner has no right to another prize or any other form of compensation.
5. Without prejudice to Alpro's rights as set out under Article 8.3, the results of the Competition shall not be communicated publicly.
6. The main prize can be taken from April 8th 2013 to April 2nd 2014 and must be redeemed by July 31st 2013.
Article 5: Prizes
1. Prizes are not exchangeable for their value in money or for other benefits in kind. The prizes are personal and cannot be passed through or sold to third parties.
Article 6: Liability
Participation to the Competition implies knowledge and acceptance of the features and limitations of the internet, regarding technical issues this means the risk for interruptions and more in general the risks that follow from each connection and transfer made over the internet, the absence of security of certain data against possible deviations and the risk for contamination by possible viruses on the network. Therefore Alpro can under no circumstances be held liable for amongst others:
3. Alpro cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage as a consequence of an interruption, any kind of malfunctions that relates to the course of the Competition, the exclusion of participants or the termination of the Competition for whatever reason. This also applies to all direct or indirect damage that would come from a connection with the website alpro.com/deskfest. Participants need to take all necessary measurements to protect their data and the software programs on his/her devices and/or website against any kind of error. The connection with alpro.com/deskfest and the Alpro website and the participation to the competition completely fall under the responsibility of the participants. Alpro cannot be held liable in the event this Competition should be altered, shortened or cancelled because of force majeure or because of reasons outside Alpro's intentions. Alpro reserves the right to check whether the applicable legislation and competition rules have been complied with so that any participant can be excluded in the event of non-compliance. Nevertheless Alpro is not obliged to systematically check all participation forms that have been sent and can limit itself to checking the winners. Alpro and the entities appointed by it are in no way liable towards the winners with regard to prizes, including their delivery, their state, their qualities and any possible consequences, incidents or accidents caused by the sending, possession or use thereof.
4. Printing, spelling and any other type of such errors are no grounds for damages or any other obligation of Alpro.
Article 7: Alpro's rights
1. Alpro reserves the right, at its own discretion and without any prior notice, to terminate, to interrupt or to alter the Competition and/or to change the prizes of the Competition in the event circumstance would require so without leading to any liability of Alpro.
2. Alpro reserves the right to delete at all times any testimonials of participants. This may occur because the testimonial would not be compliant with the applicable legislation or because of other editorial considerations justified in Alpro's own opinion. Alpro is not obliged to inform the participant in advance and does not have to motivate its action.
Article 8: Privacy
1. Participant's personal data are filed in one or more of Alpro's files taking into account applicable legislation of the UK.
2. Your data will only be used by Alpro to notify you if you are a winner.
3. If you have won a prize there will be the opportunity of ticking a tick box 'Yes, please click here if you would like Alpro to contact you with the latest news, offers and competitions', whereby the participant agrees that his/her personal data shall be used for Alpro's own client management.
Direct marketing/client management is to be understood as the filing of the personal data and the participation form by Alpro and the processing thereof for the purpose of keeping the participant informed about Alpro's products, initiatives, competitions and recipes.
Article 9: Contact
Questions, remarks or complaints regarding the Competition or the competition rules can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Alpro UK Ltd, Burton Latimer, NN15 5YT.
Article 10: Miscellaneous
1. These competition rules are only available at alpro.com/deskfest from Monday 14th January till Thursday 28th March. A paper copy of these rules will be sent free of charge to any person requesting the same in a letter addressed to Alpro at the following address: Alpro, Burton Latimer, NN15 5YT.
3. Alpro reserves the right not to enter or continue into any correspondence or conversations.
4. If there is any disagreement about what these rules mean or how they apply to you, the jurisdiction of English law will apply. If any of these terms and conditions becomes invalid or overturned by law, then the remaining terms and conditions will continue to apply.