The Ultimate Cholesterol Lowering Plan© is a revolutionary and practical approach to cholesterol lowering. It combines the latest scientific evidence for dietary modifications to actively lower cholesterol and integral to its application utilizes motivational interviewing to tackle compliance issues – the common stumbling block to the success of lifestyle therapies.
- Highly flexible. Each of the individual components of the plan – low saturated fat – soya – sterols/stanols – nuts – soluble fibre - are scientifically proven to lower cholesterol levels, whilst any combination of the various elements will result in an cumulative cholesterol-lowering effect. This allows for a tailor made diet to suit all motivational levels.
- At its core is the use of behaviour strategy – Motivation Interviewing – to optimize the patient’s adoption of a healthier lifestyle for the long-term9.The UCLP brings about clinically significant cholesterol-lowering results for all from 5% reductions for the least motivated taking on board one component of the diet, up to 35% reductions for the most highly motivated patients taking on board all the elements of the UCLP.
- The UCLP brings about clinically significant cholesterol-lowering results for all from 5% reductions for the least motivated taking on board one component of the diet, up to 35% reductions for the most highly motivated patients taking on board all the elements of the UCLP.
- Module 1 – Cholesterol & heart disease: the latest prevalence and heart health statistics, cholesterol metabolism basics and dyslipidaemias and their risk factors.
- Module 2 – The UCLP© Step 1 – motivational interviewing.
- Module 3 – The UCLP© Step 2 - Getting the foundations right – the current consensus on a heart healthy diet and how best to influence your patient to adopt.
- Module 4 – UCLP© STEP 3 - The cholesterol busting foods: soya foods, foods fortified with stanols/sterols, nuts and beta glucan foods. The course will provide you with a multitude of food options you can offer your patient. Module 5 – UK Guidelines for heart health and the latest on lipid-lowering drugs. To register for this course click here now.
- A desktop flip chart helps you take the patient step-by-step through the UCLP© process. The chart provides you with the detail and any relevant scientific references, whilst the patient views simple images and food portion photographs. The steps include an ultimate step-by-step guide to applying motivational interviewing, cholesterol basics as well as the UCLP© key food components – soya, sterols/stanols, soluble fibre and nuts.
- The UCLP© take-home patient information sheet. This provides the patient with a summary of the UCLP© learnings as well as a food, drink and mood diary. The information sheet allows the health professional and patient to record the agreed next steps the patient will take, their aims and aspirations and record baseline cholesterol, weight and waist-circumference measurements.
- The UCLP© consumer leaflet – a practical, A5 16-page, full-colour leaflet. This visually appealing, step by step UCLP© guide for the patient, provides more detail of the dietary changes that make up the UCLP© and also provides some suggested menu options for the patient to try.
To order your FREE FULL UCLP© teaching resource email your name, profession and FULL POSTAL DETAILS to email@example.com OR Contact the Alpro Customer careline on : UK 0800 0 188180 ROI 1800992 878
To find the report in resources, click here