September will see the BDA launch more resources as part of their One Blue Dot sustainable diets’ toolkit. The focus will be on both scientific reviews for health professionals as well as practical and visual resources for consumers. The aim is to focus on how best to drive behaviour change by providing simple solutions that do not deviate significantly from current eating patterns.
BDA Sustainable September kicks off with five newly developed GIFs focusing on healthy & environmentally sustainable meal hacks that will be released on social media channels. The highly visual and short GIFs provide consumers with easy and achievable adaptations to five popular dishes: breakfast porridge, burgers, tikka masala curry, shepherd’s pie and koftas. The hacks were chosen from submissions from dietitians around the country.
In addition to the hacks, the BDA will be releasing more helpful resources for professionals and consumers:
- The One Blue Dot Reference Guide: a new update of the scientific evidence
- Consumer top tips on how to make a start on a sustainable diet
- Schools and sustainable diets
- PEN Sustainable Food Systems Tools & Resources
- Packaging and recycling article
- British Food Fortnight – how to buy seasonal local fruit and veg
- Recycle Week
- And much more...