Spiced Vegetable & Lentil Lasagne
- 2 tbsp vegetable or mild olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 tbsp ground garam masala/curry powder or 200g jar Tikka paste
- 500g carton tomato passata or 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 380g drained can/carton lentil (beans or chickpeas can be used instead)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100g fresh spinach, washed
- 150g mushrooms, wiped or peeled & sliced
- 250g leeks, finely sliced into rings, washed
- 8 sheets dried lasagne
- 4 tbsp (60ml) vegetable or mild olive oil
- 40g plain flour
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 300ml Alpro Almond or Oat drink
- 200ml Alpro Plain No Sugars (or Greek style ) alternative to yogurt
- 100g cheddar or hard cheese, grated
Pre heat the oven to 180ºc fan, 190ºc conventional, gas 5
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion & red pepper over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, then add the garlic and curry powder/paste cooking for a further 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes, lentils and stock cube and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
To make the Sauce; Pour the oil into a small saucepan and stir in the flour, place over a medium heat and add the Alpro drink a little at a time, beating well with each addition to prevent lumps. Bring to the boil , add the nutmeg (if using) & season to taste. Stir in half the grated cheese.
Leave to cool slightly then stir in the Alpro alternative to yogurt
To put the lasagne together; Lightly oil the base of an ovenproof 34 x 25cm dish and lay 4 sheets of dried lasagne across the base.
Spoon over half the spicy lentil mixture and top with the spinach and leeks