Competition rules for Alpro UK January 2019 Newsletter Competition
These competition rules apply to the Newsletter competition “Alpro UK January 2019 Newsletter Competition” (hereinafter referred to as: the “Competition”) that is organized by Alpro (UK) Ltd, Latimer Business Park, Altendiez Way, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 5YT, company number 3708934 (hereinafter referred to as: “Alpro”), without any obligation to buy a product.
Article 1: General
1. Participation to the Competition is exclusively reserved to consumers signed up to receive the Alpro Consumer Newsletter, who are at least 18 years of age.
Alpro’s members of personnel and of the agencies involved are excluded from participation. Also, their family members (i.e. members of one and the same family or persons living at the same address) are not allowed to participate.
Furthermore, all persons that participate in an organized manner, or in a factual or legally organized way, or in any other way cooperate with the aim to increase their chances to win are excluded from the competition. Finally, all persons who use tricks or disseat, such as the use of specialized computer programs, or in any other way participate fraudulently with the aim to increase their chances to win are excluded too.
Each participant can only participate once.
To the extent legally possible, Alpro can perform either itself or in cooperation with a third party, all checks it regards necessary to verify the capacity of the participants and compliance with these conditions. Non-compliance will result in the exclusion of the participant from the Competition.
2. Only one (1) prize per address shall be accorded.
3. Participation to the Competition is free. Normal costs for participation to the Competition are to be borne entirely by the participant. Participants can under no circumstances ask for a refund of such costs.
4. Participation to the contest implies the acceptance of all provisions of these competition rules, including any decision Alpro shall need to take. Non-compliance with these competition rules and each attempt to fraud shall lead to the immediate exclusion of the participant.
In the event of any irregularities such as errors that occur at the agency responsible for maintaining the competition or at Alpro itself, Alpro shall decide autonomously on the way these irregularities shall be corrected and dealt with.
5. The Competition shall be announced via the Alpro Newsletter, sent out on 29th January 2019.
Article 2: Data
1. The participant has to complete the entry form online by 23:59 on the 28th February 2019 with the following data; first name, surname, address including post code, date of birth, email address and the answer to the question posed in the Newsletter & on the online entry form.
2. The participant guarantees that all data he/she supplied are correct, up-to-date and complete. Changes to the data provided can be submitted to Alpro UK Ltd, via the Careline at email@example.com. This does not include changing their answer selection.
3. All personal data that comes into Alpro’s possession following the Competition shall be treated as confidential and shall be processed in accordance with applicable privacy legislation. The participant agrees to the processing of his/her personal data for purposes essential for the execution of the Competition, being the identification of the winners and the distribution of the prizes.
Article 3: How and where can you participate?
1. This Competition runs from 29th January 2018 to the 28th February 2018. Participation either prior the start date or after the end date shall not be taken into account.
2. The participant can only participate validly by answering the multiple-choice question posed in the Alpro Newsletter via an online competition entry form, indicated in the newsletter.
Article 4: Determination of the winners
1. In order to be able to win the participant has to answer the question correctly. In case of multiple correct answers, the participant who has sent his/her participation form first, shall be the winner. The participants are aware of the fact that the possibility to win a prize depends on the time they have responded to the question. Thus, they are aware that it is possible not to win a prize although they have answered the question correctly.
2. The winner shall be informed via the e-mail address or address they submitted regarding the prize that has been won within a month after the end of the Competition. Alpro cannot be held responsible for not awarding the prize(s) in case the postal address or e-mail address submitted is incorrect or incomplete or in case a change in postal address or e-mail address had not been notified.
3. In the event a prize is not received by the winner within three (3) months after the end of the Competition and no error has been made by Alpro, the winner loses his/her rights to the prize which remains Alpro’s property. In such case the winner has no right to another prize or any other form of compensation.
4. The results of the Competition shall not be communicated publicly.
Article 5: Prizes
Article 6: Liability
1. Participation to the Competition implies knowledge and acceptance of the features and limitations of the internet, regarding technical issues this means the risk for interruptions and more in general the risks that follow from each connection and transfer made over the internet, the absence of security of certain data against possible deviations and the risk for contamination by possible viruses on the network. Therefore Alpro can under no circumstances be held liable for amongst others:
-Transmissions over the internet.
- Malfunctioning of the internet and/or software used.
- Consequences of viruses, bugs and other anomalies.
- Any kind of technical, hardware- and software errors.
2. Alpro cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage as a consequence of an interruption, any kind of malfunctions that relate to the course of the Competition, the exclusion of participants or the termination of the Competition for whatever reason. This also applies to all direct or indirect damage that would come from a connection with the website www.enjoyalpro.com or www.alpro.com. Each participant has to take all necessary measure to protect his own data and/or the software programs on his IT devices and/or his website against any kind of error. The connection with www.enjoyalpro.com and the Alpro website and the participation to the Competition completely fall under the responsibility of the participants. Alpro cannot be held liable in the event this Competition should be altered, shortened or cancelled because of force majeure or because of reasons outside Alpro’s intentions. Alpro reserves the right to check whether the applicable legislation and competition rules have been complied with so that any participant can be excluded in the event of non-compliance. Nevertheless, Alpro is not obliged to systematically check all participation forms that have been sent and can limit itself to checking the winners. Alpro and the entities appointed by it are in no way liable towards the winners with regard to prizes, including their delivery, the state, their qualities and any possible consequences, incidents or accidents caused by the sending, possession or use thereof.
3. Alpro cannot accept any liability for the quality, state, safety and/or functionality of the prizes. The participant therefore acknowledges to accept the prize “as is”.
4. Printing, spelling and any other type of such errors are no grounds for damages or any other obligation of Alpro.
Article 7: Alpro’s rights
1. Alpro reserves the right, at its own discretion and without any prior notice, to terminate, to interrupt or to alter the Competition and/or to change the prizes of the Competition in the event circumstance would require so without leading to any liability of Alpro.
2. Alpro reserves the right to delete at all times any testimonials of participants on Facebook or any other social media channel. This may occur because the testimonial would not be compliant with the applicable legislation or because of other editorial considerations justified in Alpro’s own opinion. Alpro is not obliged to inform the participant in advance and does not have to motivate its action.
Article 8: Privacy
1. Participant’s personal data are filed in one or more of Alpro’s files taking into account applicable legislation of the United Kingdom.
2. By ticking off the tick box “Yes, I agree that Alpro will use my personal data for direct marketing as ascribed in the competition rules”, the participant agrees that his/her personal data shall be used for direct marketing purposes.
3. Direct marketing is to be understood as the filing of the personal data and the participation form by Alpro and the processing thereof for the purpose of keeping the participant informed about Alpro’s products, initiatives, competitions and recipes.
Article 9: Contact
Questions, remarks or complaints regarding the Competition or the competition rules can be sent in written to the above-mentioned address or can be sent to Alpro via the contact form on the Alpro website: www.alpro.com/uk.
Article 10: Miscellaneous
1. These competition rules are only available at www.alpro.com/uk from 29th January 2018 to 28th February 2018. A paper copy of these rules will be sent free of charge to any person requesting the same in a letter addressed to Alpro at the following address: Alpro (UK) Ltd, 1 Trinity Park, Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham, B37 7ES, United Kingdom.
3. The Competition, these competition rules and the interpretation thereof are subject to UK law and any possible conflict shall be settled exclusively before the courts of the United Kingdom.