It is said that we eat with our eyes so we want all our foods to look inviting and delicious! So we add a few drops of (natural) colourings or food extracts (beetroot, carrot, …) to restore any colour lost in cooking or to add a little extra zing to your dessert. Since no Monet or Picasso could ever top Mother Nature’s paint pot, it goes without saying our Alpro paint palette is made up entirely of colours from natural plant-based foods.
Meet our colourful friends:
· Anthocyanins – a red plant-based colourant present in most fruits and flowers.
· Carotenes – a yellow/orange colour derived from plants, especially carrots.
· Curcumin– a yellow/orange colour from turmeric.
· Annatto– a red colour from the vibrant seeds of achiote tree.
· Paprika extract – a dark red colour from sweet peppers, Capsicum Annum.