1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / fan 160oC / gas 4. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. This recipe will make 5-6 large muffins or 10-12 small muffins.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the Alpro Almond Original, apple sauce, cider vinegar, melted oil and eggs until well blended. Stir in the dry ingredients: oats, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Core and chop the apple into pieces and stir into the batter. Mix with a spoon until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into the muffin tin. Before placing in the oven, sprinkle the top of the batter with oat flakes and chopped walnuts.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Enjoy.
You can replace the apple sauce with 2 mashed ripe bananas
Check the ingredients and packaging of the oats, not all are gluten-free.