Dauphinoise topped Vegetable Pie
- 100g carrots, peeled & grated or finely chopped in a food processor
- 100g celeriac, peeled & grated
- 130g courgettes, grated
- 50g parsnips, peeled & grated
- 2 onions, grated
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 450g potatoes, peeled & sliced into very finely slices 2-3 mm thick
- 200ml Alpro Plain No Sugars alternative to yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 -3 tbsp vegetable oil for brushing
Preheat the oven to 200ºc fan, 220ºc conventional, gas 7
Mix the grated vegetables, red pepper, 2 cloves chopped garlic & flour together in a large bowl with seasoning and 2 beaten eggs.
Pile into a large 32 x 22cm ovenproof dish/ tray and smooth over the top.
In a small bowl mix the alternative to yogurt , beaten egg and garlic together and spread half over the surface of the pie.
Place a layer of very finely sliced potato on top, season well and spread over the remaining Alpro alternative to yogurt mixture. Lay over another layer of potato slices and brush the surface of these potatoes well with oil. Cover with foil then cook for 15 minutes.
Reduce the heat to 180ºc fan, 200ºc conventional, gas 4 -5. Uncover the pie and brush the surface well with oil and continue to cook for 1 hour, until the surface is golden brown.