Harissa Butter Bean & Roasted Root Vegetables with Herby Dressing and Couscous
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 500g butternut squash peeled, deseeded and chopped into even small cubes
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, leave skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 x 400g can butter beans, drained
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 250g wholegrain couscous
- 300ml hot reduced salt vegetable stock
- For the herby dressing
- 200g Alpro Greek Style Plain alternative to yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon and 2 tbsp juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- Pepper to season
Heat oven to 200oC/180oC fan/gas 6.
Place the chopped peppers, squash and courgettes in a large roasting tin, add garlic, drizzle over the 2 tbsp oil then mix to evenly coat all the vegetables. Place in the oven and roast for 25 mins.
Add onion slices, butter beans, cumin seeds and harissa paste and stir well to coat the vegetables. Roast for another 25 mins, until vegetables are tender and slightly crisp. 4. Meanwhile, place the couscous into a large bowl, pour over the stock, cover and set aside for 10 minutes to absorb all the liquid. Fluff up with a fork.
To make the herby dressing: in a bowl, mix the Alpro Greek Style Plain, crushed garlic, lemon zest, 2 tbsp lemon juice and most of the herbs. Season with pepper and set aside
To serve, spoon the roasted vegetables over the couscous. Top with the herby dressing and the remaining chopped herbs.