Competition Terms and Conditions
Competition rules for Alpro My Cuppa Newsletter
These competition rules apply to the Newsletter competition Alpro My Cuppa Newsletter Competition (hereinafter referred to as: the “Competition”) that is organized by Alpro UK ltd. 1 Trinity Park, Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham, B37 7ES (United Kingdom) , company number 03708934 (hereinafter referred to as: “Alpro”) The entrants to the competition carries no obligation to buy a product.
Article 1: General
Alpro’s members of personnel and of agencies involved are excluded from participation. Also, their family members (i.e. members of one and the same family or persons living at the same address) are not allowed to participate.
Furthermore, all persons that participate in an organized manner, or in a factual or legally organized way, or in any other way cooperate with the aim to increase their chances to win are excluded from the competition. Finally, all persons who use tricks or disseat, such as the use of specialized computer programs, or in any other way participate fraudulently with the aim to increase their chances to win are excluded too.
Each participant can only participate once.
To the extent legally possible, Alpro can perform either itself or in cooperation with a third party, all checks it regards necessary to verify the capacity of the participants and compliance with these conditions. Non-compliance will result in the exclusion of the participant from the Competition.
2. Only one (1) prize per address shall be accorded.
3. Participation to the Competition is free. Normal costs for participation to the Competition are to be borne entirely by the participant. Participants can under no circumstances ask for a refund of such costs.
4. Participation to the contest implies the acceptance of all provisions of these competition rules, including any decision Alpro shall need to take. Non-compliance with these competition rules and each attempt to fraud shall lead to the immediate exclusion of the participant.
In the event of any irregularities such as errors that occur on the website or at Alpro itself, Alpro shall decide autonomously on the way these irregularities shall be corrected and dealt with.
5. The Competition shall be announced via the Alpro newsletter which will be sent to subscribers on Tuesday 17th November. You will have to submit via the Website Contact Form.
Article 2: Data
1. The participant has to submit their entry via the competition form on www.alpro.co.uk/uk by 17th December with the following data First Name, Family Name, Address, Number, Response to the question.
2. All personal data that come into Alpro’s possession following the Competition shall be treated as confidential and shall be processed in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations. The participant agrees to the processing of his/her provided personal data for purposes essential for the execution of the Competition, being the identification of the winners and the distribution of the prizes. Personal data will only be stored for as long as necessary for the good progress of this competition. Alpro, as the “controller” for this Competition calls on “processor” Richmond Towers Communications Limited, Lector Court, 151-153 Farringdon Road, London, England, EC1R 3AF, Company Number 05452146 and SteriCycle UK, Indigo House, Sussex Avenue, Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom, company number 02466459who ensures the competition coordination.
3. By checking the tick box “Yes, Alpro can pamper me at this e-mail address with extra tips, recipes, discounts, …”, the participant agrees that his/her data are used for direct marketing purposes of Alpro.
Direct marketing should be understood as the storage and processing by Alpro of the data and the participation form, in order to keep the participant informed of Alpro’s products, initiatives, competitions and recipes.
4. Participants have the right to verify their data and to have incorrect data corrected by sending an email via the contact form on the website (www.alpro.com/uk/contact) or by sending a letter to the address of the registered office of Alpro.
Every participant can use the same channels free of charge and at any time, to oppose against the use of his or her personal data for direct marketing purposes.
5. Execution of the Competition is to be understood as the fact that data, the participation form, footage where the participating winner is shown could be used for whatever reasons (including public communications) that are connected with the Competition (other than indicated in article 2.2 of these competition rules). This includes use on the internet, in printed materials or any other means of communication.
Article 3: How and where can you participate?
1. This Competition runs from 17th November till 17th December. Participation either prior to the start date 17th November or after the end date17th December shall not be taken into account.
2. The participant can only participate validly to the Competition by entering their details and submitting which scenario creates their perfect cup of tea.
Article 4: Determination of the winners
1. In order to be able to win the participant has to answer the question: “What is the name of Alpro's new drink which is designed to make the perfect plant-based cuppa?”. 5 winners will be selected by Richmond Towers Communication based on the correct answer chosen.
2. The winners shall be informed via the e-mail address or address they submitted regarding the prize that has been won within a month after the end of the Competition. Alpro cannot be held responsible for not awarding the prize(s) in case the postal address or e-mail address submitted is incorrect or incomplete or in case a change in postal address or e-mail address had not been notified.
3. The prizes shall be sent with the post to the winners by Friday 22nd January.
4. In the event a prize is not received by the winner within three (3) months after the end of the Competition and no error has been made by Alpro, the winner loses his:her rights to the prize which remains Alpro’s property. In such case the winner has no right to another prize or any other form of compensation.
5. Without prejudice to Alpro's rights as set out under Article 2.5, the results of the Competition shall not be communicated publicly.
Article 5: Prizes
1. The prize consists of 1 months’ supply of Alpro My Cuppa Drink, Yorkshire Tea Original and a personalized mug. You will receive 1 box of 160 Yorkshire Tea Bags and 4x Alpro My Cuppa Drink and a personalized mug.
2. Prizes are not exchangeable for their value in money or for other benefits in kind. The prizes are personal and can not be passed through or sold to third parties.
Article 6: Liability
Participation to the Competition implies knowledge and acceptance of the features and limitations of the internet, regarding technical issues this means the risk for interruptions and more in general the risks that follow from each connection and transfer made over the internet, the absence of security of certain data against possible deviations and the risk for contamination by possible viruses on the network. Therefore, Alpro can under no circumstances be held liable for amongst others:
-Transmissions over the internet.
- Malfunctioning of the internet and/or software used.
- Consequences of viruses, bugs and other anomalies.
- Any kind of technical, hardware- and software errors.
Alpro cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage as a consequence of an interruption, any kind of malfunctions that relate to the course of the Competition, the exclusion of participants or the termination of the Competition for whatever reason. This also applies to all direct or indirect damage that would come from a connection with the website www.alpro.com/uk/contact. Each participant has to take all necessary measure to protect his own data and/or the software programs on his IT devices and/or his website against any kind of error. The connection with www.alpro.com/uk/contact and the participation to the Competition completely fall under the responsibility of the participants.] Alpro cannot be held liable in the event this Competition should be altered, shortened or cancelled because of force majeure or because of reasons outside Alpro’s intentions. Alpro reserves the right to check whether the applicable legislation and competition rules have been complied with so that any participant can be excluded in the event of non-compliance. Nevertheless, Alpro is not obliged to systematically check all participation forms that have been sent and can limit itself to checking the winners. Alpro and the entities appointed by it are in no way liable towards the winners with regard to prizes, including their delivery, their state, their qualities and any possible consequences, incidents or accidents caused by the sending, possession or use thereof.
4. Printing, spelling and any other type of such errors are no grounds for damages or any other obligation of Alpro.
Article 7: Alpro’s rights
1. Alpro reserves the right, at its own discretion and without any prior notice, to terminate, to interrupt or to alter the Competition and/or to change the prizes of the Competition in the event circumstances would require so without leading to any liability of Alpro.
2. Alpro reserves the right to delete at all times any testimonials of participants. This may occur because the testimonial would not be compliant with the applicable legislation or because of other editorial considerations justified in Alpro’s own opinion. Alpro is not obliged to inform the participant in advance and does not have to motivate its action.
Article 8: Contact
Questions, remarks or complaints regarding the Competition or the competition rules can be sent in written to the abovementioned address or can be sent to Alpro via the contact form on the Alpro website: www.alpro.com/uk.
Article 9: Miscellaneous
1. These competition rules are only available at www.alpro.com/uk from 17th November till 17th December. A paper copy of these rules will be sent free of charge to any person requesting the same in a letter addressed to Alpro at the following address: Alpro UK Ltd, 1 Trinity Park, Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham, B37 7ES
3. The Competition, these competition rules and the interpretation thereof are subject to laws of England and Wales and any possible conflict shall be settled exclusively before the courts of Birmingham.