Herby Cheese Bread
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (alternatively use baking powder).
- 2 eggs
- 80ml vegetable or mild olive oil
- 135g courgettes, top tailed and grated
- 40g fresh mixed herbs, finely chopped
- 200ml Alpro® plain original or Greek style alternative to yogurt
- 100g cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre heat the oven to 180ºc fan, 200ºc conventional, gas 6
Line a 24 x 24 cm tin with baking parchment.
Place the flour, bicarbonate soda, eggs and oil in a large bowl and mix together.
Stir in grated courgettes, herbs, Alpro alternative to yogurt, cheese and seasoning, stir well to combine
Pour into the prepared dish or tray and smooth over the top.
Cook in the oven for 30-35 mins until an inserted skewer comes out clean
Remove from the oven and turn out on to a wire rack to cool. Ideally served warm.
Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. This dish freezes well,