- 3-4 ripe bananas (approx 425g)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 300g self raising flour
- 75g soft dark brown sugar
- 75g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 8 sfot ready to eat dates, destoned & cut into 4
- 50ml Alpro Plain No Sugars Big Pot
- 100ml of vegetable oil or vegetable margarine
- 2tsp cinnamon
Pre heat the oven 170ºc fan, 180ºc conventional Top & Bottom heat, gas 4
Grease or line a 1kg (2lb) loaf tin
Place all the ingredients except the walnuts, dates and Alpro yogurt alternative, in a food processor or a large bowl and blend with the processor or hand held wand, until smooth.
Stir in the alternative to yogurt, most of the walnuts and dates then spoon into the prepared loaf tin. Level off the surface.
Sprinkle the remaining pieces of date and walnut over the surface of the loaf.
Cook in the oven, middle shelf for 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool on a wire rack before placing in an airtight container. Ideally eaten within 4 days.