Bread and Butter Pudding
- 250g wholemeal/white bread, with no crusts
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 250ml Alpro Soya Drink
- 200ml Alpro More Fruits No Added Sugar Mango Big Pot
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 60g soft ready to eat apricots, snipped into pieces
- 60g dried cherries
- 60g soft ready to eat figs, snipped into pieces
- Large orange, zest and juiced
- 25g light golden brown sugar
- 50g margarine or butter, softened
Pre heat the oven to 170ºc fan, 180º conventional (top & bottom heat), gas 4
Slice the bread if necessary and cut the crusts off before weighing it.
Spread the slices of bread with butter or spread and cut each slice into two diagonally, to form triangles.
Mix the eggs, soya drink, mango alternative to yogurt and vanilla together in a jug.
Grease the base and sides of a 23 x 23 x 6cm dish and place one layer of bread triangles on the base and sprinkle with three quarters of the fruit. Pour the orange juice and zest evenly over the bread.
Place another layer of triangles over the top and sprinkle with the remaining fruit.
Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top, ensuring that all the bread is soaked.
Sprinkle the sugar over the surface.
Place the tray/dish in a ‘bain marie’, a tray containing water that is deep enough to come half way up the sides of the try/dish. This cooks the egg mixture gently.
Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until it is golden brown