Butternut and Aubergine Korma
- Steamed Rice
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 butternut, peeled and 1 cm diced (or 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced)
- 1 large aubergines, 2 cm diced
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3tbsp korma curry paste
- 600ml Alpro Coconut Unsweetened drink
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100g spinach
- 1 lime, juice
- 30g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
In a large deep sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat and add the onions. Fry for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic, butternut squash and aubergine and gently fry for 5-8 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the cherry tomatoes and korma paste and mix everything together.
Pour in the Alpro Coconut Unsweetened, chopped tomatoes and crumble in the stock cube. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and sauce flavoursome. Add a little water if the sauce thickens and reduces too much.
During the last 10 minutes of cooking stir in the spinach. Squeeze in lime juice and add half the coriander. Season to taste and serve with rice and extra lime and the remaining coriander.